KYN is one of the most secluded training camps in all of Thailand. Located on the small island of Koh Yao Noi, 30 minutes by speed boat from Phuket or Krabi, this gym is the perfect location for training in secluded paradise. While Koh Yao Noi may not have the most beautiful scenary in all of Thailand, it definitely offers you the most isolated destination away from other tourist areas in Thailand. KYN offers Muay Thai training with the luxuries of their resort style accommodation.
The location of the camp is surreal. Located right by the ocean, it is one of the only camps in Thailand that is actually situated right by the beach. This camp as a swimming pool on site and is extremely peaceful for those travelers looking to discover themselves while being abroad. They feature a restaurant on site and have a great location for those looking for peace and quiet while they train.
The gym is located on the island Koh Yao Noi, which is 30 minutes from Phuket or Krabi via speedboat. This island is extremely peaceful and very scenic and is one of the most laid back places you can visit in Thailand. Even in high season when Phuket and Krabi are completely packed to the limit with tourist, Koh Yao Noi still has a sense of peace and quiet. It is located right next to its sister island Koy Yao Yai, which has trekking and cycling available. The beaches on this island are not the best in Thailand, but they are extremely quiet and secluded.
KYN muay thai gym offers onsite accommodation for those looking to train at their gym. They offer 4 types of rooms at their camps: deluxe apartment, deluxe AC room, fan room, and shared house. The prices range from 49,000 baht for the Luxury apartment to 17,000 baht for the shared house. All the accommodation prices include training x2 a day.
Training at KYN starts with a 9km run (which is compulsory for fighters), followed by the usual muay thai class in Thailand. They gym operates six days a week, with Sunday given as the much needed rest day. The muay thai training goes from 8-10am in the morning and 5-7pm in the afternoon. The structure of the morning and afternoon sessions are very similar to each other.
- One of the most isolated camps in Thailand – In the low season there are barely any tourist on the entire island. Perfect for people who are looking to “get away”
- Great gym location – The training camp is located right next to the ocean and has an amazing view.
- Accommodation and onsite restaurant – You don’t have to worry about finding somewhere to stay or eat, the gym offers you everything
- Smaller Size – The gym is not overrun with tourist training at the camp
- Je T’aime Restaurant – This was one of my favorite French restaurants in Thailand and it’s located on this island. Make sure you check it out.
- Smaller Size – One of the negatives about being a smaller sized gym is you have less training/sparring partners to train with
- Very isolated – This gym is not the easy place to get to. You have to fly to Phuket and then drive 30 minutes to the departure area where you will take another 30 minute speedboat to the island.
- Lack of entertainment/food options – If you have ever been to Koh Yao Noi, there is a lack of options when it comes to food compared to other places. Don’t expect modern amenities like movie theatres, big shopping centers at this island. The 7-eleven is the biggest thing on the island.
For more information about KYN Muay Thai please visit their website here.
If you would like to add something to this article please send me an email and I will update this page